Just Saying

Now I’m not a LiLo fan…no, very far from it. However Chris Brown/Drake fight with thrown champagne bottles, and lots of mayhem & bloodshed…and they manage to not get prosecuted? Just seems there is a different standard for women or LiLo…



The 12 Rules of Instagram

I love Instagram.  It’s the only social network to promote true creative expression, without all the redundancy, clutter, and homogenization of Twitter and Facebook.  And the newness is part of the appeal.  Instagram is still evolving everyday, yet to be determined, a work in progress.  It’s the wild west of social networking, but with that comes lawlessness and a void of etiquette.  The best part about Instagram is that there are no rules, but there’ve gotta be some things we can all agree on.

Continue reading

Dear ‘Merica

Dear America: So if the statistic is right that I just saw and only 18% of you go out & shop on “Black Friday”—why does the other 82% have to hear endless tales about it in the media (both online & offline) ad nauseum? Even if, as another reports, a high of 30% it still seems likely that at least 70% of us think your over-coverage is ludicrous.

Butt Fumble

However bad the Jets may or may not be…that they have introduced the term “Butt Fumble” into the lexicon is the gayest thing ever…seriously.

Overload: Irony

At what point is there IRONY OVERLOAD?

If life has become an endless series of sarcastic jokes and pop references, a competition to see who can care the least, we’ve made a collective misstep.

“…irony is the primary mode with which daily life is dealt. One need only dwell in public space, virtual or concrete, to see how pervasive this phenomenon has become. Advertising, politics, fashion, television: almost every category of contemporary reality exhibits this will to irony.”


I’d say we got there like 5 years ago, but I’m bitter, cynical & jaded…

via How to Live Without Irony | The New York Times


One More Try

[The moment is at 27:51 above – used to preload, but Hulu messed that up]

This is one of my all time favorite moments in TV, the incomparable Ms. Loretta Devine simply floored me with this performance. Which I’m posting because I watched some horrible singer try to sing this song on “The Voice” and based on his introductory reel for the song he was going to sing it with soul.

Continue reading

SANDY: Maya Angelou


Each one of us has lived through some devastation, some loneliness, some weather superstorm or spiritual superstorm, when we look at each other we must say, I understand. I understand how you feel because I have been there myself. We must support each other and empathize with each other because each of us is more alike than we are unalike.


—  Maya Angelou

Continue reading