What did you do, to make a mark on this world?
What mountains did you climb?
Which angels gave you their wings?
Which skies have you flown?
When you reach the heavens, who was there to catch when you fell?
And did they tell you that you saved them too, like you saved me?
That they are mending their wings and holding them up to the sun, just to step back and watch…you fly
So go head Lei, FLY !!!
( Click any picture above to see full-size or easily scroll through )
Iman. Naomi Campbell. Rihanna.
82 Artists Install 600 Fake Ads Across Paris
Just days before the start of the UN COP21 Climate Conference held in Paris and during the French state of emergency following terrorist attacks earlier this November, 600 posters were covertly distributed and hung within the city.
via Brandalism: 82 Artists Install 600 Fake Ads Across Paris to Protest the COP21 Climate Conference | Colossal
The better you write, the higher you go in Ogilvy & Mather. People who think well, write well.
Woolly minded people write woolly memos, woolly letters and woolly speeches.
Good writing is not a natural gift. You have to learn to write well. Here are 10 hints:
- Read the Roman-Raphaelson book on writing*. Read it three times.
- Write the way you talk. Naturally.
- Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs.
- Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass.
- Never write more than two pages on any subject.
- Check your quotations.
- Never send a letter or a memo on the day you write it. Read it aloud the next morning—and then edit it.
- If it is something important, get a colleague to improve it.
- Before you send your letter or your memo, make sure it is crystal clear what you want the recipient to do.
- If you want ACTION, don’t write. Go and tell the guy what you want.
*Writing That Works, by Kenneth Roman and Joel Raphaelson
via Lists of Note.
Hästens Beds featuring Joel Kinnaman
via Hästens Beds with Joel Kinnaman | Vimeo.
NOTE: Sorry from the time I stumbled upon this until the time it posted – apparently the people who made the video removed it from public view!
Whoever developed an auto-roll video ad for IBT that after muting stays muted for 5 seconds (long enough for you to scroll away) and then unmutes has earned a special punishment in hell…
“So?” says the grump waiting on the telecast’s Nielsen ratings to publish from a dusty dot matrix printer.
(this is literally me, right now – how did he know?)
What the hell did Facebook just do? Now the videos are auto-playing, and stop when I scroll by?
What fresh hell is this?