Whoa, oh, well, well, well
Well, well, oh, hmm
Someone to count on in a world of change
Here I am, stop where you’re standin’
What you need is a lover, a man to take over
Oh girl, don’t look any further
Anyone who follows this blog, or on social media, knows that Prince’s untimely passing has had a real personal impact on me. That in bonding with others through these channels and seeing their grief, sorrow, and reliving their memories has helped collectively to make it easier. Below is an exhaustive collection of the posts so far, and there will be many throughout the day, as we celebrate what would have been his 58th birthday.
It’s been 46 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes since the news broke:
- Prince: RIP
- PRINCE: New Yorker RIP Tribute
- Prince Tribute by Robin Lee
- Prince Symbol NC Bathrooms
- Good Night, Sweet Prince
- The illustrated guide and gif to Prince Hairstyles
- Prince+Shelia E: A Love Bizarre
- Why Prince Doesn’t Have a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Prince: I wanna be your lover
Prince: Batdance Remix (Ft Big Daddy Kane)
- Put Prince on the 20. Do it. DO IT NOW!!
- PRINCE: New Girl setlist
- Prince Tribute: Shelia E.
- Walk, Don’t Walk. na-Nah-na-na-nahhh
- PRINCE: Genius Tribute by Reverend
- The Urgency of Life at a Time of Death
- Prince’s Women and Me
No One Can Cry the Way Tracy Cried
- Prince’s first interview: HS newspaper
- Dearly Beloved…
- Prince’s Eyes Would Light Up When He Started Performing
- Anything beautiful is worth getting hurt for
- Stevie Wonder: Prince ‘Took Music to a Whole Other Place’
- It’s been 7 hours, and 13 days…
- My Sixtine Chapelle in Paisley Park
- Prince’s Memory Deserves Better
- PRINCE: Rock God Guitar Solo
- PRINCE: Rolling Stone Cover
- PRINCE: The Prince Experience Vol 1
- Been gone, 17 days… [live piano version]
- PRINCE: Dolls
- PRINCE: Pose
- PRINCE: #EBONYlovesPrince
- Kid Creole Remembers Prince
- This Is What It Sounds Like.
- Syncopated Ladies Salute A Legend [Prince]
- PRINCE: Star Tribune Tribute Covers
- PRINCE: Moonbeam Levels
- #PRINCEPartyBK: Born Day Party
- That Time I Opened Tower Records Early So Prince Could Shop
- TONY GUA: My Horny Pony
Strikeouts indicate video is no longer available. ]
“A strong spirit transcends rules” — Prince [1958-∞]
They timed their tribute to 7 hours & 13 days… *cue instant balling*
fDeluxe (aka The Family) Nothing Compares 2U 
A fantasy withers in the sunlight of realism. But as long as realism is held at bay, the fantasy can remain satisfying to an enormous audience. More than a hundred million people have watched the Coldplay video since it was posted at the end of January.
Are we then to cry “appropriation” whenever a Westerner approaches a non-Western subject? Quite the contrary: Some of the most insightful stories about any place can be told by outsiders. I have, for instance, seen few documentary series as moving and humane as “Phantom India,” released in 1969 by the French auteur Louis Malle. Mary Ellen Mark, not Indian herself, did extraordinary work photographing prostitutes in Mumbai. Non-Indians have made images that capture aspects of the endlessly complicated Indian experience, just as have Indian photographers like Ketaki Sheth, Sooni Taraporevala, Raghu Rai and Richard Bartholomew.
Art is always difficult, but it is especially difficult when it comes to telling other people’s stories.