My Dear Prince,
I have never known you to leave the stage so early.
4 long, dreadful months have passed since God welcomed you home. I miss you so much, the pain is unbearable, making it hard to breathe. Grief, depression, anger, and loneliness are like those bullies who taunted me in grade school. They have been relentless. My life has been a vortex of rage and despair. Waves of sadness washing away the pieces of my broken heart. My own personal hell on Earth. I feel like your widow.
I see you everywhere. I see you in everything. I know you wanted to live. You were so happy to be getting your music back. You told me of all your plans. Your plans for me. For A6. I was so excited because you were going to bring me back to Paisley Park to see the finished Purple Rain Room with our images in murals painted on the walls. You wanted to celebrate with A6 and present to us our Platinum Albums. Continue reading
Anyone who follows this blog, or on social media, knows that Prince’s untimely passing has had a real personal impact on me. That in bonding with others through these channels and seeing their grief, sorrow, and reliving their memories has helped collectively to make it easier. Below is an exhaustive collection of the posts so far, and there will be many throughout the day, as we celebrate what would have been his 58th birthday.
It’s been 46 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes since the news broke:
- Prince: RIP
- PRINCE: New Yorker RIP Tribute
- Prince Tribute by Robin Lee
- Prince Symbol NC Bathrooms
- Good Night, Sweet Prince
- The illustrated guide and gif to Prince Hairstyles
- Prince+Shelia E: A Love Bizarre
- Why Prince Doesn’t Have a Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Prince: I wanna be your lover
Prince: Batdance Remix (Ft Big Daddy Kane)
- Put Prince on the 20. Do it. DO IT NOW!!
- PRINCE: New Girl setlist
- Prince Tribute: Shelia E.
- Walk, Don’t Walk. na-Nah-na-na-nahhh
- PRINCE: Genius Tribute by Reverend
- The Urgency of Life at a Time of Death
- Prince’s Women and Me
No One Can Cry the Way Tracy Cried
- Prince’s first interview: HS newspaper
- Dearly Beloved…
- Prince’s Eyes Would Light Up When He Started Performing
- Anything beautiful is worth getting hurt for
- Stevie Wonder: Prince ‘Took Music to a Whole Other Place’
- It’s been 7 hours, and 13 days…
- My Sixtine Chapelle in Paisley Park
- Prince’s Memory Deserves Better
- PRINCE: Rock God Guitar Solo
- PRINCE: Rolling Stone Cover
- PRINCE: The Prince Experience Vol 1
- Been gone, 17 days… [live piano version]
- PRINCE: Dolls
- PRINCE: Pose
- PRINCE: #EBONYlovesPrince
- Kid Creole Remembers Prince
- This Is What It Sounds Like.
- Syncopated Ladies Salute A Legend [Prince]
- PRINCE: Star Tribune Tribute Covers
- PRINCE: Moonbeam Levels
- #PRINCEPartyBK: Born Day Party
- That Time I Opened Tower Records Early So Prince Could Shop
- TONY GUA: My Horny Pony
Strikeouts indicate video is no longer available. ]
We saw a foot poke out. A white high-heeled boot. Mike SQUEEZED MY HAND SO DAMNED TIGHT.
Then came the legs. White pants with iridescent paisley print, Swarovski crystals and sequins. He stepped out of his Little Red Corvette and looked around.
( Click pictures above to see full-size )
#Prince Born Day Purple People Party in Da Republic of Brooklyn. Spike Lee and Forty Acres and a Mule host a dance party for Prince Fans (*grown folks*). Herkimer Street, b/w New York & Brooklyn Avenues, Brooklyn, NY 11216